I make it a point to do some things just for me on a regular basis. I don’t want to be rundown, tired, and not at my best when trying to be the best mom and wife I can be. Sometimes it’s just as important to think about and remember them as it is to do them!
1. I worship: journaling, singing at the top of my lungs, prayer time, reading my Bible or a devotional, but I get in time with Him and re-center.
2. I create: maybe it’s a mail subscription box I dreamed up, maybe it’s a blog post, craft, or new recipe, but I let my creative juices flow.
3. I read: mindless, non-fiction, whatever I’m feeling at the time, but I love getting lost in a good book.
4. I turn up the music: I open the sunroof, crank up the music, and belt it out! Such a release.
5. I wander the aisles of Target: I might not need a thing, but just walking into that glorious building releases all my stresses.
6. I go for a run: it might be a short run, but it’s a run nonetheless. I’d sure love for cycling to be the same time of release, but I have to focus too much when trying to balance.
7. I give: maybe it’s time, talents, or money, but I give something. It’s my love language! I love to give gifts!
8. I grab a coffee: I snuggling up with a cup of coffee and taking that first sip. It just makes things right again.
9. I chat with friends: girls night, play date, lunch, afternoon dessert, anytime is a good time to caht with good friends.
10. I take a spa day: not necessarily the whole day or a myriad of spa services all at once, but I love being poked and prodded, so I’ll take any chance I can to have a spa moment!
What do you do for you?