This morning, as I was scrolling through Facebook, I saw this post:
See, if I know anything, I know if I start thinking of complaints about my husband first thing in the morning, I will be in the wrong frame of mind all day. I don’t ever want to complain about my husband–especially not on purpose. I want to honor my husband. More importantly, I want to always make the conscious decision to see him in a positive light, rather than a negative.
So instead, I’m choosing to share things I love about my husband. (These are in no particular order, and I don’t know how many I’ll do.)
1. He leads our family. Not only does he lead our family, he leads our family well–in prayer, in love, in fun, in humility.
2. He’s an initiator. I’ll get a text a time or two a week about someone he has invited to dinner, or who we’re meeting for dinner. I love it. I want to do life in community, and he gets that. So does he.
3. He’s an amazing father. I can leave and never have to worry about how he’s taking care of our son. He’s even been known to keep illness from me when I’m on a trip so I don’t worry and think I need to come home. He is an encouraging teacher and very hands on. I couldn’t ask for a better co-parent.
4. He gets stuff done. Even if I leave a list a mile long, he gets it done. Our home is taken care of and maintained.
5. He puts others before himself. I don’t just mean our family. I mean others. Anyone who is in need. He helps. He does what he can with what he has.
6. He encourages me. Whether I’m running a half marathon, competing in a triathlon, trying to get more people to read this little blog (really, share it with your friends; it’s okay), thinking of opening a business, or whatever it may be, he encourages me. He’s a good one to have in your corner.
What do you love about your spouse? Have you told them lately?