I’ll modify many things when I bake. Chocolate is not usually one of them. Don’t mess with my chocolate. Something about this muffin recipe made me think it might be okay, though. So I used this for a basis to test it.
I loved that these are made in the blender! It made the batter so smooth, and I think that is what made these chocolately and delicious! They didn’t taste like oatmeal or yogurt or anything besides a chocolate-chocolate chip muffin. Pretty dangerous.
You will need:
1 3/4 cup oats (since they’re blended, they don’t have to be quick-oats, which is what I usually bake with)
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa (I prefer Hershey’s)
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup plain yogut
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup hot water
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line muffin tins (I made 12 regular muffins and 18 minis) with paper liners
- Add all ingredients, except chocolate chips, to blender
- Mix until smooth
- Add chocolate chips and stir (not blend–don’t chop ’em up) to combine
- Pour batter into muffin tin; fill each about 3/4 full
- Bake 14-17 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted
We enjoyed ours warm, straight out of the oven as well as later when they cooled!