It’s Tuesday, so you know what that means. I managed to string a thought or ten together here.
1. We had our first easy transition day at Happy House yesterday. The boy is not even worried about doing any transitioning, but he played like a champ and tried to reach out to a new friend who was nervous. Plus, we’ve got Mrs. Kristi again, so it was glorious.
2. Probably months ago, the boy bought four sets of Legos for children who don’t have many toys. I have yet to find a home for them. Isn’t that horrible. Anyone know anyone who would enjoy them but can’t afford them? We’d love to share.
3. We are headed to Schlitterbahn today. I couldn’t tell you the last time I went to Schlitterbahn. (I think I’ve only been twice in my whole life.) Hooray for winning free tickets!
4. It seems like a lifetime ago that I was a teacher, but it’s still weird not to have a first day of school. (Don’t get me wrong, I would likely be devastated if I did have one.)
5. I kind of feel like I’m losing a little of my identity in our time in the camphouse. Some of it was just creating a good balance, others, I’m slipping a little far. I’m hoping the school year and being back in a normal-sized home with all my cooking and cleaning supplies will help me get back on track some.
6. The football countdown is getting smaller and smaller. We’ve resorted to watching preseason NFL on TV. I won’t make it much longer with these conditions.
7. Super lice. That’s a thing now. Makes my head itch just thinking about it. One year when I was teaching, I had a student who couldn’t get rid of them. I had long hair, and I was terrified I was going to have a head full of lice. I started wearing my hair in a bun or ponytail every day and running my flat iron through it multiple times a day because the heat was supposed to kill lice, and on the off chance they got in my hair, I wanted them dead soon. Ahhh, memories.
8. I bought the cutest TOMS backpack the other day with laptop sleeve. Then I forgot about it and have never used it. I need to get it out and get packing!
9. Every time I have to fill out forms for my son, I try to write my mom’s name where it says “mother’s name” instead of my own. I wonder when I’ll get that figured out.
10. I bought some really neat journals a while back, and I can’t wait to use them in my new quiet time space in the new house. I am so excited for that time and space for me to connect with the Lord and really be intentional about it.