We have had several friends get engaged lately, and it has had me in a reflection mode. We’re fast approaching seven years of marriage–less than two weeks from now–and quite frankly, it seems more like a lifetime ago (in a good way).
I thought I’d share a few quick things I’ve had on my heart lately:
- It will get better. No matter what you’re going through, and how bad it seems, it will get better (trust me, but see the next one before checking out).
- It will get worse. No matter what you’re going through, and how good it seems, it will get worse (see what I did there? It’s that can’t-get-to-the-mountain-without-the-valley-phenomenon).
- Your spouse carries more power to speak into your life than anyone else in the entire world. Be on the same team; be each other’s biggest fan.
- There is no perfect time–for kids, for moving, for any of those big decisions. Step out in faith when it’s most right.
- Have fun! Whatever it takes, have fun together. If it’s after the kids go to bed in your living room, that’s okay; it doesn’t have to be anything big and fancy. Just have fun together and remember why you like each other in the first place.
We still have a lot to learn and a lifetime to go. I can’t wait to do it together!