Today marks the beginning of a new year. It’s a fresh start. Time to start anew. I like to start the year with something to work toward, and a list of goals seems to be the way to go. These are in no particular order, just things I’d like to make part of my lifestyle by December 31, 2013 (in addition to what I’ve already started in 2011 and 2012; I like to keep building).
1. I will use our story to reach others for Christ. Somewhere, someone needs our story. That is why it was given to us. I will work to use it as a testament of God’s promises to me when the going got tough. I won’t keep secrets; I won’t bury it because it’s easier. I will use it.
2. I will prioritize family above work. Working from home, I sometimes have trouble turning work mode off. I will make it a point to keep work behind family time.
3. I will build bridges. I won’t wait on people (family, friends, etc) to come to me to make things better. Life is too short. It is a two-way street, but I will do my fair share.
4. I will spend [at least] one night a week, uninterrupted, with my husband. Location, school, schedules, and whathaveyou sometimes make it hard for us to pull off an actual out-of-house date night. We’ll do at-home dates and call it a compromise.
5. I will work to incorporate Spanish words and phrases into Baby Gray’s vocabulary. I’m no Spanish whiz, but I know enough to get him started. Mr. Gray and I would like for him to have some foundation for use later.
What great goals! I especially love the prioritizing family above work. It's HARD when your work is right in your living room.