This kid of ours is a muffin eatin’ machine. This morning he asked for muffins again, and I decided to try to use up a few bananas that were on their last leg. He helped me bake, which was so fun–even if it was a little messy.
We mixed up a few things and then baked them up. They turned out more like a gooey, baked fruit-type bar than a muffin, but he loved them.
You will need:
2 bananas, mashed (just throw them in the Kitchen Aid before you get started)
1 cup quick oats
1/4 cup applesauce
1/2 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup flour (play with this amount a little based on the size of your bananas to get a batter-like consistency)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mash bananas
- Mix in quick oats and applesauce
- Fold in brown sugar until well blended
- Add flour
- Grease a mini muffin tin
- Pour batter into muffin tin and fill each cup about 3/4 full
- Bake 10-13 minutes or until firm (toothpick will not be clean if inserted due to the gooey nature)