I’m absolutely in love with Bisquick! It is the best cheater ingredient ever.
Last night for dinner, I decided I wanted some type of bread along with what we were having. I searched “Bisquick quick bread” on my phone and came up with a super fast and easy breadstick recipe. As I’m sure you can guess, I made a few changes, but they worked wonderfully with our dinner, and Mr. Gray and I brainstormed variations as we ate.
Bisquick Quick Breadsticks
1 cup Bisquick
1/4 cup cold water
1/2 stick butter
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Melt the butter in a microwaveable bowl
- Mix Bisquick and water until soft dough forms
- Flatten mixture onto floured surface
- Cut into 1/2 inch strips (I sort of rolled mine into a worm at this point)
- Place on jelly roll pan or cookie sheet with sides
- Use a basting brush to brush butter over and around each stick
- Bake at 450 degrees for about 10 minutes
One suggestion for these was to add cheese to the flour when rolling them out. These would be awesome with some cheese. I might also use this dough for a pig-in-the-blanket variation sometime. I am not sure drop biscuits would work well with this dough due to the quick, high heat baking.
I might have made mashed potatoes as part of this meal. They may or may not have contained butter, cream, and cream cheese. If I did that happened, I bet they were good.