Last week, I tried my hand at homemade pickles. I promised I’d share them if they were delicious, and they were a hit over Fourth of July weekend! So, as promised, here’s the recipe for these delicious, dill quick pickles!
You will need:
- 2-3 large fresh cucumbers (they should still be spiky) or more smaller cucumbers
- 1 package of fresh dill sprigs (if you’ve got homegrown, a good handful will do)
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups white vinegar
- Just less than 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup canning salt
1. Cut cucumbers into chips or spears
2. Combine cucumbers, dill sprigs, and garlic slices in a large jar (or split into two smaller jars)
3. In a medium saucepan, bring water, vinegar, sugar, and salt to a boil; stir until salt is dissolved
4. Pour over cucumber mixture in jar
5. Allow to cool to room temperature
6. Cover tightly and refrigerate 24 hours
Y’all, they were delicious! We ate them plain, on sandwiches, on burgers, everywhere! I was pretty impressed, and I can’t wait to make them again!