When I meal plan, I try to make at least two things out of similar ingredients. Sometimes our tastes are all over the place and it doesn’t happen, but I try.
This week, our for-sure meal was chicken and dumpling casserole. The byproduct? Chicken salad. Yum! This was the first time I had made chicken and dumpling casserole, but it won’t be the last. It was so good, I didn’t get a picture before it was gone, gone, gone!
You will need:
2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded (I used a little olive oil with rubbed sage and cooked through; shred in the mixer–it makes life much easier)
2 cups chicken broth
1/2 stick of butter
2 cups Bisquick
2 cups whole milk
1 can cream of chicken soup
3 teaspoons of chicken bullion
Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Place butter in 9 x 13 and put into oven; the butter will melt while preheating the oven
- First layer: add chicken to top of melted butter; top with salt & pepper
Mix milk and Bisquick in small bowl
- Second layer: pour Bisquick mixture over chicken–do not stir!
Whisk together soup, broth, and bullion in a separate bowl
- Third layer: pour soup mixture over the top–do not stir!
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until golden brown.
I used my left over chicken for chicken salad.
You will need:
Cooked, shredded chicken
Dill pickle relish
3-4 saltine crackers
Course black pepper
- Shred cooked chicken in mixer
- Add 3-4 spoonfuls of yogurt to mixer bowl (depending on how much chicken you have left)
- Turn mixer on low and fold yogurt and chicken together
- Add a spoonful of relish
- Continue to stir
- Add saltines and pepper
- Mix until saltines are crushed into mixture
- Refrigerate or serve immediately