Beef… It’s what’s for dinner!
Most of the time, at our house, this is true. Sometimes, though, I can sneak in a meat-free dinner every couple of weeks. Last night was one of those nights. I scoured my cookbooks for something lighter and a little more summer feeling than our standard steak & potatoes. I decided to try making a magherita pizza. It was both simple and wonderful. Mr. Gray didn’t even complain about the missing meat!
Magherita (+ Mushroom!) Pizza
1 can Pillsbury refrigerated pizza dough (yes, I cheated a little)
1 handful fresh basil leaves, rinsed & torn
10-15 grape tomatoes, rinsed
4-5 button mushrooms, sliced & rinsed
4-6 oz. grated mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Coat a perforated pizza pan lightly with olive oil and shape dough to fit
- Pre-bake dough approximately 4 minutes
- Meanwhile, place basil, tomatoes, & mushrooms in a small container and add a small amount of olive oil
- Shake to coat
- Remove dough from oven
- Arrange basil, tomatoes, & mushrooms on the dough
- Cover dough and veggies with mozzarella cheese
- Bake 11 minutes
The pizza cools quickly, so it’s best when served immediately. We used crushed red pepper with olive oil for dipping!
Even sans meat, Mr. Gray asked me to make it again sometime.