This is soup weather, my friends! One of our favorite cold-weather meals is taco soup. It’s super easy and absolutely delicious!
You will need:
1 pound ground beef
1 can Rotel tomatoes (as you can see, I use generic)
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can Mexicorn
1 can beans (sometimes I use black beans, sometimes I use pinto beans, sometimes I use both)
1 packet of dry Ranch dressing
1 packet of taco seasoning
- Brown the ground meat and drain
- Mix in both dry packets (they will get a little pasty; it’s much easier to break the paste down than to dissolve all the clumps once it’s got liquid)
- Pour all the canned items into the beef mixture (do not drain the cans)
- Add water, if needed; the liquid just about cover all the ingredients
- Cover and simmer until ready to serve
- Garnish with chips, cheese, sour cream, guacamole, or anything else that floats your boat!
This soup can also be made in the crock pot; brown the meat, put it in the crock pot, add the rest, and go about your day.
It yields enough for Mr. Gray and I to eat for a couple of days. It does freeze well, though, so that’s an option, too.